dinsdag 2 maart 2010

Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Trout Mask Replica (1969)

Today I decided it was the right time for Trout Mask Replica. The only thing I want to say, for now, about this album is: THIS IS MY FAVOURITE MUSIC ALBUM EVER. It goes beyond everything for me. Since the first time I heard this album in a hotel room in Berlin, everytime I come back to it again, I go completely nuts. Words just can't describe it, so experience it, try to understand it, and love it.

I could write a book or make a film about Don Van Vliet (Captain Beefheart), but it has been done before brilliantly, so watch the BBC documentary on YouTube and buy the little book Kevin Courrier wrote about Trout Mask Replica and the maniac sessions prior to the release. As for now: I advice you all to urgently download this album and buy it on double vinyl as soon as you have the money!

orange claw hammer
VBR

Geen opmerkingen: