woensdag 24 maart 2010

The Band - The Band (1969)

I took me an awful while to get into The Band. I don't know what it was, but I simply couldn't see what was so goddamn original about this band and their first two albums in particular. Today, it clicked. I waited for a full year once again, and today felt like the perfect opportunity to test it once again, after listening to a lot of Japanese hardcore this morning.

And did it fit in with my mood today! I'm listening to this masterpiece for the 4th time today right now and I can say that it was worth all my time of waiting. I think that I fall in love easier with more difficult pieces of music and The Band shines because of its simplicity, and I finally realised that fully today. So today I pay a big tribute to this amazing band and ask you to do the same!

the night they drove old dixie down
320kbps