woensdag 3 februari 2010

Venetian Snares - Doll Doll Doll (2001)

Venetian Snares did it for me from the start. VS was my start with breakcore and he also impressed me more than all of his colleagues in the genre. Aaron Funk (that's his real name, get over it) always knew how to hit me on a weird, sort of intellectual level. His music is not only influenced by the usual artists that started house and techno, but he combines breakcore with obscure hip-hop references, but also classical music. On Doll Doll Doll, his darkest album in my opinion, he does a lot with hip-hop and other scary samples. Listen to this when you are in bed and aren't able to sleep. This album will make sure you won't get to sleep until at least 5 a.m., checking under the bed for scary monsters and super creeps.

By the way, Aaron Funk used to date a roomie of mine, and it was very, very weird meeting him in person, practically standing in his underpants, in my own kitchen. Sometimes you forget there exists an actual person behind the music.

all the children are dead
256kbps

Geen opmerkingen: