maandag 22 februari 2010

Boxcutter - Oneiric (2006)

I think it was time for some electronic music by now. The last I posted on the electro-front was by Venetian Snares and people downloaded it a lot, so let's go. I'm starting with this album by Boxcutter who I listened to a lot in 2007 and saw live in 2008 in a little club in Venlo of all places. Boxcutter is one of the most talented guys in dubstep I came across so far. He creates music that's much richer than a lot of the dubstep I stumble upon.

It combines subtle electronica with angry drum 'n bass and the album can be very confronting and sad and positive at the same time. I have to be really in the mood for this album, but I can feel myself slipping into a dubstep-period right now. So here we go. . .

silver birch solstice
VBR

Geen opmerkingen: