donderdag 11 februari 2010

Lee Hazlewood - Cowboy In Sweden (1970)

If I had to choose an album that represents myself the most, I'd probably choose this pretty soon. I don't know what it is, maybe I'm just a cowboy, but most of the time not in Sweden. Fact is that this record has something really existential about it. It's all about the lonely cowboy who's telling his life-story. His story of girls, of being in jail, etc.

Best thing to do with it, is just listen to the perfect dark voice of Lee Hazlewood and his awesome lyrics. This is the true cowboy record for me and funny enough, it stands for non-conformity, for individualism and I'm not sure if Lee Hazlewood himself had that figured out when he made this.

cold hard times
VBR

1 opmerking:

Daniel zei

I have the dvd of this record but not the actual music...thanks.