zondag 28 februari 2010

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River (1969)

Everytime I listen to Creedence, and especially this album, I hate the fact I don't own a pick-up truck where in I can listen to this album. This is pretty red-neckish, but Creedence is just the most bad-ass band around. They are so tough, so god damn cool, it's unreal. John Fogerty's voice sounds like the bayou, it sounds like a swamp, it even sounds like the orange car the Dukes of Hazard drove in.

And I have the feeling they haven't even got a clue how good these songs are. The lyrics in Sinister Purpose and Green River for example are far above par if you compare them to a lot of other bands in the genre. I have a serious soft spot for this band and the songs are too catchy to ignore. And just like the Dude in The Big Lebowski: I OWN THIS ON CASSETTE. and vinyl.

sinister purpose
192kbps

1 opmerking:

Anoniem zei

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel