vrijdag 5 februari 2010

Mahmoud Ahmed - Ere Mela Mela (1975)

This is probably the best world-music album that I own. My calling for Africa becomes very present when I listen to this album. It sounds like a bunch of Ethiopians having a great time in Africa. I can totally see these midnight parties over there, pitch dark sky and Mahmoud Ahmed singing until the sun comes up. His voice is so soulful, powerful, but still also fragile, it's a pleasure to hear him sing.

I especially love the first song. When I hear those horns kick in, goosebumps. Then Mahmoud Ahmed starts singing Abbay Mado and I'm already totally in it. Just listen to this swinging monster of an album.

I recently bought this on vinyl, and I think you should do the same. It sounds best that way.

mahmoud ahmed is the african david bowie
320kbps

Geen opmerkingen: