woensdag 24 februari 2010

Big Bill Broonzy - Big Bill Broonzy Sings Folk Songs (1962)

If you want to be introduced to American blues, this could be a good place to start. To understand the blues from the first half of the previous century, you have to dig deep into the well of Afro-American music. It took me a great while to get a proper picture about the scene, the most important players, but when I finally got into the blues, it totally opened my eyes.

It's hard to explain the power of the blues, but what's most important is that people often forget what blues means. Blues is not Eric Clapton jerking off over his electric guitar. Blues is an old negro (excuse me for the word, but that's how they were called) in his 60s singing into a can with his dobro on his lap. That's it, and dig it! About the album: just very accessible, lovely songs, swinging as hell, can't go wrong.

goin' down this road
VBR

1 opmerking:

Anoniem zei

Hey! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering
which blog platform are you using for this website?

I'm getting tired of Wordpress because I've had issues
with hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.
My website buy youtube views and comments