zondag 4 april 2010

Buck Owens - I've Got A Tiger By The Tail (1965)

Country music has been an unpopular genre for almost its entire existence. People who love country, love it. People who don't love country, immediately hate it. I am definitely not a country music adept, and I don't know very much about it, but I can say for sure that I see what's so great about it. To put that feeling into words is another, more difficult story, because the themes used in early country music are often very boring, very red neck-ish, woman unfriendly, to name a few.

Buck Owens is not an exception. On song 3 he thinks it's best to 'Let the sad times roll on' and on song 7 he sings 'We're gonna let the good times roll', so yeah, lyric-wise: not too many points scored. Songwise, and most of all, the overall feeling it communicates: great! I really love the Telecaster-sound his band has on this album and I also like western movies, cowboys, etc. That helps as well I guess.

streets of laredo
256kbps

1 opmerking:

James A. Naismith zei

Don Rich was a great fiddle player for Buck Owens & His Buckaroos. Buck himself was a fine guitar player. This band rocked!