zaterdag 26 juni 2010

Flamin' Groovies - Teenage Head (1971)

Yesterday I said that I would be posting less albums in the coming months, and I still think that this will happen, but I had a daydream today and it told me that I have to focus more on albums that are so extremely obscure that they don't get no attention at all at the moment, whereas the most albums I post at the moment are mainly albums that are great, but don't get enough attention. So that's what I'm going to do the next few weeks. But before I do so, I just want to sneak in this fan-tas-tic album by the Flamin' Groovies. They were an early garage rock band from San Fransisco, but who had the same snarl as punk had ten year later.

The vocalist also reminds me a lot of Beefheart, as does the bottleneck guitar. They were a rougher version of the Stones, and at times they actually beat Sticky Fingers. Mick Jagger admitted.

high flyin' baby
192kbps

Geen opmerkingen: