vrijdag 4 juni 2010

Aaron Copland - The Complete Music For Solo Piano (1979)

Aaron Copland is one of the greatest American composers. He was born in 1900 and died two weeks after his 90th birthday in 1990. I was almost a year old when he died. As did other American composers, he combined the modern classical with American folk styles. His piano music is very beautiful, complex and you can hear that he is an American composer. American composers just have that American thing going on which is hard to describe, listen to Charles Ives for instance.

His complete piano music, composed from the late 10s to the mid 70s, is here performed by Leo Smit and the recording is from 1979. Enjoy this one, it is important, it is beautiful music and it is necessary.

complete music for solo piano part 1
complete music for solo piano part 2
256kbps

1 opmerking:

Anoniem zei

I like the valuable info you provide in your articles.
I'll bookmark your blog and check again here regularly. I am quite certain I'll learn lots of new stuff right
here! Good luck for the next!
Here is my website :: buy followers and likes