zaterdag 7 augustus 2010

Big Youth - Screaming Target (1972)

I have to admit: this album owns it merit more to being revolutionary, than being the best in it sort. If you want you some good toasting, you should check out U-Roy or I-Roy, or wait until I post them, but Big Youth was arguably the first one who committed it to the tape machine. His delivery tends to get a bit same-ish, but still, his raw vocals do seem to have influenced Prince Far I. Big Youth also plays one of the bigger roles in the best reggae movie ever, called Rockers. Everyone who has been downloading my reggae over the months, should watch that movie! This week, I tell you!

Dr. Alimantado, Leroy 'Horsemouth' Wallace, Gregory Isaacs, Jacob Miller, Winston Rodney, Lee Perry, they all star in the film! Absolutely unmissable. In listen to this record in the meantime.

honesty
192kbps