donderdag 25 augustus 2011

The Dillards - Wheatstraw Suite (1968)

I'm going to post all the album that truly need to be posted on Life at the moment. All the following albums are the ones that I've been hooked on all summer, and haven't yet been posted on this blog. I wish you all the best with them, because these following albums are my absolute favourites at the moment.

In the late 60s it was a big deal to connect the first generation of bluegrass and country players to the electric new generation. The Byrds tried it with Gram Parsons by paying tribute to the old time, and Gram Parsons tried it solo, with his Flying Burrito Brothers, but they didn't quite succeed as The Dillards and The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band did. What we have here is a mind-blowing album that has been completely forgotten. It is on par, to say the least, with the best works of The Byrds (and I love! the Byrds!). Just listen to this album, especially the first five songs will hammer this into your favourite albums ever selection.

listen to the sound
192kbps

1 opmerking:

Anoniem zei

Terrific article! This is the type of information that are supposed to be
shared across the web. Disgrace on Google for not positioning this publish higher!
Come on over and seek advice from my web site .
Thank you =)
Review my blog post - buy twitter followers for Free